By paying the entrance fee here at reception for the child or children you have with you, you are…
…agreeing to supervise the child or children you have with you at all times and that the safety of the child or children you have with you is your responsibility. Our staff are not in any way guardians.
Also you are…
…agreeing that Playtrain cannot be held responsible for any accidents or injuries. This does not affect your statutory rights.
…agreeing that while on the premises you and the child or children you have with you do not consume any food or drink that you have brought with you. Baby (0-6 months) food.
…agreeing to alert a member of staff immediately if the child or children you have with you that becomes sick or injured. I agree not to bring ill children to Playtrain.
…agreeing not to leave hot drinks or food unattended. Playtrain also cannot be held responsible for any loss, breakage or theft of your possessions.
…agreeing that the staff may start discreetly cleaning and tidying during your visit.
…agreeing that the Playtrain building and its car park is a no smoking area.
…agreeing that you, the party host, is fully responsible for all of your guests and their children all of the time. Remember, when the children are in the main hall you must have enough guardians available to supervise all of the children at the party. Our staff are not, in any way, guardians.
…agreeing that this activity centre is for children 8 year and under and that by bringing in a child of 9 and over, this does not entitle the child to use the following: the frame, the ball pits, the toys. Children 9 or over cannot under any circumstances be used as the guardian to any child younger than them.
We have worked very hard to bring you a safe and stimulating environment for your children to enjoy themselves and encourage early learning. Unfortunately, where children are involved, there are always risks.
We have of course taken every reasonable step to ensure these risks are kept to a minimum. However, it is impossible to eliminate such risks completely and parents/guardians are asked to read and abide by the following:
- Parents/adult guardians must supervise children visiting Playtrain at all times.
- Playtrain reserves the right to remove any adult or child from the centre if they are rude, aggressive verbally or physically, or continually disobey or ignore instruction from our staff.
- Children who are unwell should not visit Playtrain, and if they become ill during a visit, you party will be asked to leave.
- Age restrictions are in force for the safety of all children and our staff will enforce them.
- For health, safety and hygiene reasons, children and adults must wear socks or tights in the play centre at all times.
- Customers are not permitted to consume their own food or drink on the premises for ANY reason.
- No food, drinks, sweets or chewing gum are to be taken into the play areas.
- Cameras can be used at Playtrain, however, we ask you to be mindful of other customers and their privacy. Photos may only be taken of your children and their guests.
- Smoking is not permitted in Playtrain. We have provided an ashtray and bench under the outside stairs on the left hand side of the building for smokers.
- Pens, buckles, jewellery, watches, money, phones, sharp objects etc must not be taken into the play frame by children or adults.
- Personal items must be left with parents/guardians. We cannot accept any responsibility for theft or loss of such items whilst on the premises.
- In the event of an emergency, staff will evacuate the play areas. Adults must refrain from entering the play frames in this circumstance. All customers are expected to exit the building immediately.
- We abide by the legal requirements for checking the backgrounds of adults working with children and operate a comprehensive security policy.
- Entry is via a security gate system and everybody is booked in and out of the centre by the receptionist. We back this up by CCTV monitoring of key areas within the play centre. Exit is via the rear of the building on the left side.
Thank you for choosing Playtrain to hold your party, we would like to draw your attention to the following relevant Party Policies & Procedures below. The full Terms & Conditions can be accessed on our website at www.Playtrain.biz
- You will need to contact us on 01494 531 158 or [email protected] 3 days before your party and inform us of your final numbers and dietary requirements.
- Your party booking payment is non-refundable. You have the option to re-schedule the party date.
Final payments should be made before your party starts.
Please consider, when confirming your final party numbers, we are unable to offer any form of refund once your final payment has been processed.
- We are happy for you to call us up to 48 hours before your party to increase your numbers within reason and as long as you have not reached your maximum room/area capacity.
- Playtrain reserves the right to refuse extra party guests if you have reached your maximum capacity for your party area.
Unexpected Party Guests
- We are able to cater for up to 5 additional party guests on the day without you notifying us as long as you have not reached your maximum room/area capacity. The extra guests will need to be paid for by the party parent before the party celebration.
Party Parents’ Responsibilities
- The party parents will need to provide the reception with a completed party guest list on arrival, this will speed up your party entrance and personalise your party.
- It is the party parents’ responsibility to inform party guests to arrive no more than a few minutes before the party start time.
- Late comers will not receive additional time. We cannot restructure the party to accommodate.
- Parent guests bringing siblings that are not part of the party will need to book in advance online and will be charged at our standard entrance prices.
- It is the party parents’ responsibility to inform us if you require specialist dietary requirements.
- The party parents and adult guests are responsible for all party children at all times.
- The party parents should explain the Playtrain “Rules of Play” to the children.
- The party parents should ensure that all children are dressed appropriately.
- The party parent must ensure all children wear socks when using the equipment. It is advisable to bring spare socks on the day.
- No spray foam, poppers, streamers or piñatas are permitted.
No decorations are permitted on the walls of the party room as this can cause damage.
- The party parent must ensure that all party children are collected by their parent or guardian at the end of the party time.
- The party parent must ensure that the party room is vacated with all belongings at the end of the allocated party time.
- No catering can be brought into Playtrain by the party parent or friends. All food items & beverages must be purchased from the Playtrain Cafe, apart from the party cake (Covid regulations state that no birthday cakes are allowed).
Party Policies & Procedures
- Management reserve the right to change the party room allocated at the time of booking without any prior notice.
- Playtrain reserves the right to close parts of the play frame, slides and remove equipment from use during our trading hours for any reason, without compensation. We will endeavour to inform you of any non-availability of any equipment or facility prior to a party.
Party Feedback and Grievance policy
- If you have any problems during your party, it is important that you speak to the Duty Manager immediately to enable swift resolution.
- In the unlikely event that the problem cannot be resolved at the time, please email full details of your grievance to [email protected] where your complaint will be thoroughly investigated following our internal complaints procedure.
- Nerf parties are for 20 children or less.
- Nerf parties run from 5.00 till 6.30pm
- Children under 6 will not be allowed to use the Nerf gun equipment.
- Children may not use their own equipment, only the Nerf equipment provided.
- Children under 6 will not be allowed in the main hall during a Nerf party for safety reasons.
We look forward to hosting you and your guests!
Thank you for choosing Playtrain – we’ll see you there!
- Currently to comply with COVID-19 guidelines we will be restricting the number of adults permitted within the party room while the food is being served (this will be dependent on the size of your party). Please support the party hosts as much as you can to enforce this.
- Food will be served from a serving table/trolley within the room with children invited in turn to select their food choice.
- To comply with social distancing guidelines please do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before the party start time as you maybe asked to wait outside (or return to your car).
- Please note, currently (COVID-19 guidelines) we are not permitted to sing Happy Birthday or blow out the candles at this time. However, we will be encouraging the children to make lots of noise by clapping of hands!
Playtrain Express LLP, trading as “Playtrain” whose registered offices are: Playtrain House, Lancaster Road, Cressex Industrial Estate, High Wycombe, Bucks HP12 3PY, United Kingdom.
At Playtrain, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers, potential customers and visitors to our website.We do not sell or otherwise distribute the personal data of customers, visitors to our website or our mailing list. This Privacy Notice provides details of when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify you, such as, your name, title, phone number, email address, or postal address.
In general, you can browse our website without giving us any personal information. We use Google Analytics to analyse traffic to our website to understand visitors’ needs and to help ensure that the site provides relevant and useful information. We collect only anonymous, aggregate statistics. For example, we do not tie a specific visit to a specific IP address. However, there are additional activities on our site that require you to be registered. For example, to receive our newsletter. As part of the registration process, we collect personal information to enable us to send you our newsletter and marketing emails relating to forthcoming events and exclusive offers. We may also contact you to check that our records are correct.
Links to Other Websites
Client Data for Party Bookings
If you are booking a party online we will hold personal details such as your name, phone numbers, email address and postal address as well as the name and age of your birthday child. This information is held for 13 months following the date of your party and is then deleted. You will be sent details of how you can edit/view this information within your party booking confirmation email. We will ask all new customers for their consent to receive marketing emails, newsletters, offers, events and information from Playtrain.
We will hold CCTV footage recorded while visiting our centre for general health & safety and for child safeguarding purposes. This information is held on a secure hard drive and is deleted every 30 days. This will only be released to and by the request of the police.
We will hold personal data in the form of CVs and job applications. This data is only used for the purposes of staff recruitment and to provide assurance of our competence to deliver services to current and prospective customers. This information is held on a secure server. If we don’t contact you, your information will be destroyed within 13 months.
Access to Your Personal Information
You are entitled to access any of the personal information we hold on you. To access, update or remove any of this information, simply email your request to [email protected]
Updating Your Personal Information and Unsubscribing
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails or by emailing [email protected]. If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please drop us a line at [email protected]. If you want us to remove any personal data we hold about you, please contact us at [email protected] and we will process this request within one month. Data will be removed in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
How long will we keep your data for?
If we don’t receive any interaction from you in 13 months we will delete your data.
Updates to this notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time, the latest version of the notice will always be published on our website so please check back occasionally.
Cookies, Analytics and Traffic Data
We use the following different types of cookies:
We use AdWords to drive customers to our website. Through this link there is conversion tracking. This provides basic information to us about how effective the ad is and what a user searched for the advert to appear.